Two More Rape Charges on Manchester Star

Two More Rape Charges on Manchester Star

Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy has been charged with two further counts of rape, the Crown Prosecution
Service said.

The CPS said in a statement moment that it had authorised Cheshire police to charge the protector with two fresh
counts of rape and Louis Saha Matturie, 40, with two fresh counts of rape and one count of sexual assault.
Mendy of Withinlee Road, Prestbury, Cheshire, and Matturie of Edwin Court, Eccles, will appear at Stockport
Adjudicators’Court on November 17.

Mendy, 27, now faces six counts of rape and one of sexual assault which relate to four suers over the age of 16.
He has been remanded in guardianship since his first appearance at the adjudicators’ court on August 27.
So far no pleas have been entered to the charges.

At a former hail at the adjudicators’ court, Christopher Stables, representing Mr Mendy, said that his customer
strenuously denies the allegations.

A provisional trial date was set for January 24 coming time with an estimated length of two and a half weeks.
Following his charging by Cheshire Police in August, Manchester City said Mr Mendy, who the Blues inked from
Monaco in 2017, had been suspended “ pending an disquisition.”

“ The matter is subject to a legal process and the club is thus unfit to make farther comment until that process is
complete” they added.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*